Saturday, May 30, 2009

IT'S SUNDAY, I'M INLOVE WITH MORRISSEY, AND YOU......#59


Can't believe its that day of the week already.....
Today's offering goes back to 1997 and I was waiting to buy Maladjusted. was the second single to be taken off the LP Maladjusted. Unusually for a Morrissey single, he's nowhere to be seen on the cover - instead its a 1950s photo in a London street (I have to be honest when I bought the CD single that it thought the photo had been taken in the 1970s.....)
But there is a snap of the great man himself inside, looking as handsome as ever in a grey checked jacket and white shirt, leaning against an old juke-box.
The reason I'm saying so much about the sleeve is that I really don't have all that much to offer about the actual single which I reckon is one of the poorest and dullest he's ever released.
No tune to speak off and a rather lame lyric that relies totally on a pun. In fact, given there's no promo video for the song, I'm guessing there was more enthusiasm from the record company than Morrissey himself.
I can just imagine some executive thinking.... 'maybe all those Manchester United fans will think its about one of their players....
Morrissey - Roy's Keen
Morrissey - Lost
Morrissey - The Edges Are No Longer Parallel
I know there's quite a few fans that love the song Lost, but I think that Danielle, as the cover sleeve would have given Morrissey, a top ten just for the cover, and not a just OK - it would have made it hard for You Are The Quarry some 7 years later to dominate ...
Happy SUNDAY.