Monday, May 11, 2009

I hate Mondays, Well Tuesday is not Monday, Wednesday is a hump day, Thurday is almost Friday, TGIF! #36



I pretty much grew up listening to Morrissey and The Smiths, David Bowie along with a few others like Depeche Mode, The Cure, New Order,Erasure,R.E.M. NIN etc... Back when I was a young lad (too many years ago!) The Smiths and Morrissey were my absolute favorites Morrissey became my life. I remember smoking with friends and making lists about which albums we would take with us if you could only have a few albums with us on a desserted island or say out into space. Ha, we were high... One of the ones that would always make my list was (Vauxhall and I) by Morrissey. It still holds up really well In me I think. It's an amazing record and "SPEEDWAY" just takes me away the drums in the end OMG! is he's best regular full length release. Some would argue Meat is Murder which had some amazing guitar work by Johnny Marr but Vauxhall and I is kinda were it all came together commercially and artistically. The guitar work on Bigmouth Strikes Again The Smiths (Wow!) and There is a Light that Never Goes Out is probably one of the best pop songs ever written about teenage angst. Queens and Louder than Bombs which was a compilation released later on are probably the two most essential Smiths releases. You can get a pretty good idea of what they did with those two releases. But of course us die hard Smiths/ Morrissey fans have to have them all! So yeah I'd have to take them all with me.. If I can take two things out into space with me to never return all my Smiths/Morrissey cd's and Danielle, What a way to leave. I would not even think it for a second. In fact I hope my name is first in the ballot. Because my list is ready with me.....



Maybe someday I will get that star,Jay