Thursday, May 14, 2009

SHHHHHHHH SHE'S ASLEEP......#39




Quick, nobody's looking. Go on, hurry up, that window's open. In you go.

Ow! Mind your feet, that hurt but I don't mind. OK, we're in. Lets have a quick look around. Ah, here we go, it's like Santa's Grotto in here. If Santa was a Smiths fan that is. Blimey. Two life size cardboard Morrisseys. That's a little scary. What's that? Morrissey's pants? Put em down.
Now, there's got to be something here that we can take from her. Those gits up at the recliner need something on me, something I won't want made public. That way if dares to speak up against em again they'll have us in their pockets.
But it's all good, she's not hiding anything. Whatever you see on Danielle, well that's her. Damn. I thought this was going to be easy money. Oi! Watch where you step, I don't want anything.....broken.....oh you berk!! Twat! I told you to watch out. You're a real clumsy idiot. If you weren't family I'd throw you through that window you stupid fuck. Hold on. What's this? It's a false wall. Hold that torch a little higher. No, not in my face you mug, through that hole in the wall you've made. That's it.
Heh. Well, look at this. Paydirt! I'm back in 1991. It's a shrine!! Look at those posters. Hey, wait a minute, isn't that? It is, it's the original shirts. Ergh, those stains look a bit dodgy. Well, who would have thought it eh? Morrissey. Look at this, she's got posters, annuals, calendars. There's picture discs and everything. I got to admit though, I can remember watching those shirts coming off back in 91. Those shirts were a bit tasty. Look, she's got photos taken with him!!! Even the blokes! Yup, keep that light up, I'm going to take photos of this, we've got her now!! The proof we wanted, Danielle loves Morrissey!!
Still can you blame her? His the British Mexican. Without the advantage of being Irish. Yeh, I know, one of em was a Cockney. And the blokes had dodgy haircuts. Like James Dean both of em. But still. The shirts. And some tidy little singles. You think I'm joking? Here, hold the crowbar, I'll put a couple on. OK, there's Kill Uncle, which will always be the sound of Christmas 1993 for me. Pretty much the last Christmas as a kid before the teenage hormones kicked in properly. But still there were the shirts. I suspect they helped speed up puberty. Listen to those Morrissey bells. Lovely stuff. "he came today, but had to go, to visit you? You'll never know"...that scared my little friend stupid!
And then spring 1984. An absolute classic time for British pop, all shiny and brightly coloured, ABC, Human League, Soft Cell, Depeche mode, The cure, Erasure. And in amongst it all, My Camera Never Lies, with it's opening dreamy 'click click' stuff, I must get a picture of her sleeping.
What? Oh man, look at her sleep, I told you even while she sleeps she can take your heart away. all the girly vocals she has, funny accents and all I love it. You should listen to her. Ah, it's the click click middle bit. Now listen to this, I recorded her voice, I want to dance in a silly jerky fashion now! "My camera has good eyes" I have such a crush on her...what did I say that out loud? shit! Oi, why is the light on your tape recorder red? Turn that off you dozy idiot, now!! Oi come back here!!! I think we got caught! no I got caught!!!! Danielle.......


I'll fix your wall, Jay