Sunday, May 24, 2009

IT'S SUNDAY, I'M IN LOVE....WITH MORRISSEY AND YOU....#49



I remember back in '97' when I had my first summer job, getting my first check and cashing it. I walk straight to the record store that day. To buy my first Morrissey, cd with my own money the album was "Your Arsenal" and aslo The single taken from Your Arsenal it surely contains one of the laziest in my opinion ever


Morrissey lyrics:-
"You're the one for me, fatty You're the one I really, really love And I will stay Promise you'll say If I'm in your way"


All over Battersea Some hope and some despair
Repeated umpteen times with the occasional Buddy Holly impressions(a-hey) thrown in for padding.
It played the album everyday for three weeks straight and had me a bit worried about how it was all going to turn out. As it was, Fatty was one of the poorest tracks on the LP and was soon a candidate for frequent use of the skip button on the CD player. But somehow It was the first track I'd turn to.
Sometimes disappointing singles get rescued by decent tracks on the b-side, but sadly these efforts are quite forgettable.


Morrissey - You're The One For Me, Fatty
Morrissey - Pashernate Love
Morrissey - There Speaks A True Friend


At least the cover was a cracker.....another Linder Sterling photo taken at a concert in Chicago in 1991.
But my opinions weren't shared by the general public....it was a single that climbed higher in the charts than any of those taken from Kill Uncle, hitting #19 in July 1992. I knew this thanks to the hip and worth watching MTV at the time.

Having said that, I was not going to leave Danielle, behind looking at the great face so many want to interview. This week I promote her as the best new LP, maybe all of us should sing her favorite track at the forthcoming concerts........

Happy Sunday of so many Sundays, Jay