Friday, May 15, 2009

THERE IS DANIELLE AND THERE IS DANIELLE.........#40



Yep, it's true. Those who love Danielle and worship her for the soul melting, uplifting, angelic Icelandic goddess that she is. Those who hear her once and instantly hate her. And those who just don't get it.
In my experience, Danielle really do seem to be a girl that you either love or hate, which I think is actually a good thing. Surely it's better to inspire a passionate reaction, however negative it may be, than inspire nothing at all. Just think of all those people you come across that are good at what they do, but leave you feeling cold. anyone? (Pun ever so slightly intended).
I think it's fairly obvious which side of the fence I fall on, and seeing Danielle a few moths ago only further cemented her place in my heart. I don't have just one 'favourite' as such, but Danielle inspire more feeling in me than any other girl I have come across in my collection of life. I can't even remember how I came across her, although it would've been some wonderful blogger pointing me in her direction I'm sure. I just wish I could remember who it was, so that I could thank them properly.
The first picture of Danielle, in her albums I came across just blew me away. I had never seen or heard anything that stirred up so much emotion in me. It was inspiring and uplifting and devastating all at once, and I couldn't get enough. I followed it up with her Morrissey, ways and the iconic Smiths, and just when I thought I had this wonderful girl all figured out, she released the stunning Morrissey shirts I'd love to have, and I was once again blown away by her versatility and stunning (largely self-taught!) musicianship of her Morrissey.
While I love every Morrissey song Danielle, loved too (I know I'ts over,Alsatian cousin.) there are the two that are very close to my heart. The first time I saw her I felt something in me. I think it's because she was the first girl I was looking forward to actually seeing. Little did I know as those first words she spoke flowed through my speakers that I was about to hear music of the kind I'd never known before. Too gushy for you? Perhaps it is, but I'd literally heard nothing like this before and was immediately overcome, and I played it again and again, soaking it in and finding something new to marvel at with each listen.
However, as much as I love Morrissey, it's clear that Danielle, has become my favourite Danielle ever. And if for some horrible, awful, hateful reason I was told that I was only allowed to listen or see her for one last time for the rest of my life, I have a very strong feeling that Danielle, would be the one not Morrissey, I'd choose.
Danielle has never, ever failed to make me feel better when things aren't going so well. This girl will calm me down when nothing else will, and this is going to sound really sappy and silly, but when I'm feeling stressed and all worked up I can literally feel my muscles relax and my breathing slow when Danielle, starts playing. Do you think I'm a lunatic? Perhaps I am, but I can't say I care much when caught up in the beauty of Danielle. And as long as this gorgeous, melting, aching girl exists, I think I'll be ok.




Forever, Jay