Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Here,Now,and Then Dear Ada Lovelace, daughter of Lord Byron #17




Here,Now,and Then Dear Ada Lovelace, daughter of Lord Byron,








I thought I'd scribble out a few old words while I'm waiting for the oven to heat up. Thank you, Madam, for the Kind warm words in a card - I didn't think you're capable of anything quite so tasteful. You just never begin to amaze me! But no, it really isn't my burfday on December 25th - you're getting me confused with J.C., and it's good of you to bring him up to my level, but does he deserve it? Answer briefly.
Your pole lilac is acceptable, you say you've only been writing to me for a few weeks and already you're progressing. I'm not the only one that can save you now. Oh yes, my lifestyle is very interesting - beyond description even. As Lord Howard once whinged; "sometimes I stand, and sometimes I sit". These are the quotes, folks. It's all these wild scenes in Manchester, you know.
I'm going out to the states to redeem the social outcasts. My only real ambition is to cultivate your looks. I love your lips,eyes and skin. You must watch "The wonder years", on BBC-America on Sunday. Do you have BBC-America up there? That show! It was my first real sexual relationship. To me seeing and loving a great show is like having a sexual relationship. Real Gothic, man (as the Greeks would say).
Oh my! Yes, the poor Velvets! I spent my entire 12th year locked in my bedroom with "All tomorrow's parties"! I was such an incendiary child. Morrissey's voice paralyses the imagination. I'll be your mirror, reflect what you are, in case you don't know. Ah yes, I remember it all well. As for the court of the Crimson King, well, I never did like Genesis. The Cure Live? Such a novelty! Poor Mr. Smith was never "live". Always insufficient wit, and how did "Walk on the Wild Side" get passed the BBC-America censors? TOTP even! Ah yes, I remember it well. You, of course, are far too young. Per nod after the breast? Very philosophic.
No, no, no, you wouldn't want to go to Moscow. It's far too draughty . Big countries are. And you would be completely lost in Germany. Think of all the intellectual pressure? I'd rather imagine you in say, Floripa or Buenos Aries. And wouldn't the Australian bush be better than Glasgow? England is very like America - except, of course, for the language.
Yes, I know Orange Juice, (I do read my paper, y'know). Such lovable hair-do's. Nostalgic. About 3 people turned up. The group were appalling and I'll know better next time. On Tuesday I saw The Motels remember them. Why? Don't ask silly questions. This has been a bad week. Bowie on K-Tel! and Morrissey this Friday in Cochella Are you ready for THAT? Of all revolting labels on God's dear earth.
Yes, I love jazz (IE Ludus). I wish you wouldn't mention Miss cut-copy. Or, should I say "Miss Thing". I dislike him more than I can tell you. People with receding hairlines never know much about anything. And such ugly shoe-taste too. You ought to be ashamed! Why don't you repent by rushing down to your mega-store and buying OMD'S "SUGAR TAX" or Erasure "I SAY,I SAY,I SAY" - or even U2 "Joshua tree"? If you leave now you'll just be in time for the next bus.
Oh yes, celibacy is real hip (sister), but, "no man is an island" so the saying goeth. And haven't you HEARD about sexual repression? You'll probably end up strangling your mother or becoming some deranged bisexual psychopatic child-murderer. So sad about John. I almost cried. I have none of this records and didn't care about The Beatles. But when people who devote a part of their lives to 'peace' are shot 5 times for it, well, THAT disturbs me. It's always the wrong people. Nobody would assassinate our dear prime minister or president. Is all life sad? What are YOU going to do with your life? I always like to end my letters on a serious note.



Be young, be foolish, and be happy. "NO SEX" Jay



P.S. I repeat: is your SMILE REAL?


P.P.S. There isn't one.