Tuesday, April 28, 2009

MORRISSEY, YOU, AND ME IN 'VIENNA'.......#24





Dear white golden Pearl, from the SEA

I had a dream last night "That we had gone to see MORRISSEY in 'VIENNA'

"Look at me now from difficult child, to spectral hand, to Claude Brasseur, blah blah blah."


We went to see Morrissey for the first time overseas in VIENNA AUSTRIA, at the Wellmont. It was, in fact, the greatest experience of my life. You were there with me. and it was just me and you We showed up 3 1/2 hours early, to see MORRISSEY drive up to the building. We stood still as we see the man himself get out of a car. He looked amazing, so well dressed you were melting from the inside out as i was trying to cool you down. So we ended up first row, stage center. we made eye contact a few times with the man and even managed to obtain a piece of one of his D & G shirts thrown into the crowd. You manage to get on stage as he was singing "I KNOW IT'S OVER" even the bouncers help you get on stage.





You said he'd "smell spectacular." The night was completed by my successful launch over the barricade and a handshake; complete with smile and bow from Mr. Morrissey himself. I was unable to say anything except "Oh...my...God" for hours afterward. The setlist was impeccable and ironically enough, he played the same encore as the last show I attended at MANCHESTER LADS CLUB in October of unknown year: First of the Gang to Die.









I fly in the night Standing, with you underneath the sky, Jay








Here is the dream setlist.....
1. "the queen is dead"
2. "I will see you in far off places"
3. "when last I spoke to carol"
4. "all you need is me"
5. "Last of the famous international playboys"
6. "I'm throwing my arms around Paris"
7. "the loop"
8. "I like you"
9. "my love life"
10. "Alsatian Cousin"
11. "girl afraid"
12. "disappointed"
13. "paint a vulgar"
14. "Roy's keen"
15. "life is a pigsty"
16. "let me kiss you"
17. "Seasick, yet still docked"
18. "the boy with the thorn in his side"
19. "whatever happens, i love you"
20. "break up the family"
21. "at amber"
22. "the youngest was the most loved"
23. "I know it's over"
24. "Subway Train/Everyday Is Like Sunday"
25. "My dearest love"
26. "Speedway"
27. "Suedhead"
28. "There is a light that never goes out "
29. " I have forgiven Jesus"
30. "Angel, Angel down we go together
ENCORE
"Tomorrow"
"Jack The Ripper"
"Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want"
"First of the Gang to Die"