Tuesday, July 14, 2009

TUESDAY WITH DAVID BOWIE.....LETS DANCE DANIELLE.....#78

David Bowie. Ziggy. I can’t really imagine my life without him, or that album. I don’t remember how I first heard Bowie, but I remember when I first got Ziggy Stardust. As a freshman in high school, I picked that record up around the time that I bought maladjusted. The two were a vicious combination that left me strolling around campus with the sounds of a space age moon man ripping through my brain. From there I moved to Hunky Dory, and on to Aladdin Sane, and Low before shooting off all scattershot. I’m still picking new records up, but progress is slow as I can’t stop revisiting the old ones long enough to let the new sink in. Ask me what the best record of all time is and I’m likely to tell you it’s The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars. David, takes me beyond this world he’s a mystery that requires a lot of study. both in his work and human life his image of the inverse and aliens takes music to a whole new world. “if bowie does Ziggy them Ziggy does bowie then David does David”…. In other words if Danielle loves Morrissey and Morrissey loves Morrissey then Jay loves Danielle.....get it.