Sunday, July 12, 2009

IT'S SUNDAY, I'M IN LOVE....WITH MORRISSEY AND YOU....#76



“Seasick, Yet Still Docked”

One of Morrissey’s most introspective songs, it’s underevaluation is most likely due to it being curiously sandwiched between the jocular ‘You’re the One for Me, Fatty” and the gospel-glam of “I Know It’s Gonna Happen Someday.” A simple acoustic melody backs Morrissey’s stark autobiographical lyrics that cover his entire, and lengthy, list of insecurities. If I was asked to point to one song that summed up What Is Morrissey?, I would aim the questioner here.

What more can I say I love this song as much as I love my dreams of DANIELLE, we both got to hear this song live back in Coachella of this year. She stood in the left side of the stage as I stood in the right side. we were so close yet so far from each other. She stole the entire night when I found her between the crowd with here MORRISSEY 101 shirt MORRISSEY pin. I could not ask for a more perfect night to end. one of the best highlights of my chapters in this journey of mine. MORRISSEY and DANIELLE under one sky...........

I am a poor freezingly cold soul
So far from where I intended to go
Scavenging through life's very constant lulls
So far from where I'm determined to go
Wish I knew the way to reach the one I love

There is no way ...

Wish I had the charm to attract the one I love
But you see, I've got no charm Mmm...
Tonight I've consumed much more than I can hold
Oh, this is very clear to you And you can tell
I have never really loved You can tell,
by the way, I sleep all day

And all of my life no-one gave me anything
No-one has ever given me anything

My love is as sharp as a needle in your eye You must be such a fool to pass me by...
I just found this rare Seasick Yet Still Docked (Charles Bukowski mix) at the Morrissey-Solo forums. Created by member Bike Tragedy using the live version from BBC Theater, clips from the film Barfly and ends with excerpt of Bukowski reading from his poem "The Genius of the Crowd." Brilliant!
I love the sample "to all my friends" that bookends the mix.