Sunday, July 5, 2009

IT'S SUNDAY, I'M IN LOVE....WITH MORRISSEY AND YOU....#73




After the death of the "king of pop" and my mother being in the hospital I thought I'd pay my respects to them and not post any blogs these pass weeks. June was not a kind month with the death of 5 more famous celebrities. I'm happy to report that my mother is well and back in the house. we all have to understand that we are not her forever. Life is a loan when it expires we must return it to it's owner I think we all know who that is...

“Alsatian Cousin”
This song brings too many ?? I love the power of being privet the lyrics speak for them self's but
One has to remember that this was the first post-Smiths song of Morrissey’s solo career. Some truly menacing guitar work by Vini Reilly perfectly fits with Morrissey’s sneering lyrics of demanded love. Remembering that the last song Morrissey committed to tape before this was the gentle “I Won’t Share You” makes the contrast even more stark. Which may be the reason the song is largely ignored in the Morrissey-solo canon: nobody, most of all Smiths fans, was ready to hear him lustfully snarl “But on the desk is where I want you!" Danielle, loves this song I once joke with her on that terrible facebook site when she ask "why am I at work all alone." my reply was well your boss found "A note upon his desk" that read "P.S. bring me home and have me" so now you see why you're there all alone.. God bless Danielle and her Morrissey ways.

Were you and he Lovers ?
And would you say so if you were ?
On a forecourt On a Friday
Passing my way
Oh...
Were you and he Lovers ?
And if you were, then say that you were!
On a groundsheet
Under canvas
With your tent-flap open wide
A note upon his desk" P.S. Bring Me Home And Have Me!
"Leather elbows on a tweed coat-Oh!-Is THAT the best you can do ?
So came his reply :"But on the desk is where I want you!"
So I ask (even though I know):
Were you and he lovers?