Sunday, August 9, 2009

IT'S SUNDAY, I'M IN LOVE....WITH MORRISSEY AND YOU....#90


“Swallow On My Neck”


Reputably the chorus of “he drew a swallow on my neck and more I will not say...” refers not to an actual bird tattoo (which has Nazi/SS soldier overtones) but, argues many, to a hickey. Most likely written about the onset of a relationship between Morrissey and his former “personal assistant” Jake Walters around ‘94, the song is undoubtedly a love song, and one of Morrissey’s best. Buried as the second B-side on the “Sunny” single, the song was later given another shot on the underrated My Early Burglary Years compilation in ‘98..........
Just one of the best a true work of art. Morrissey once again takes my heart with his lyrics as he has done to so many.......Give Morrissey a story and he'll give you the answer in a song..
Moz b-sides are very odd. Some are just so spectacular, that you wonder why the song isn't on the album. Others like Journalist who lie are silly jingles or a jam session. Ringleader had some great b-sides, same with Quarry as well. the b sides are like hidden treasures.............