Sunday, August 2, 2009

IT'S SUNDAY, I'M IN LOVE....WITH MORRISSEY AND YOU....#87


“Late Night, Maudlin Street”
No more proof is needed that Morrissey is the Queen of Bedsit Poetics than this nearly eight minute long tale of nostalgia and continual regret. Eschewing any sort of rhyme scheme or steady melody somewhat ironically makes the song’s epicness bearable. As the song’s title suggests, Morrissey seems to be attempting the obviously impossible task of ridding himself of all his youthful disappointments in one song. The instrumentation is adequately slight and subdued allowing Morrissey’s sorrow penetrate through. The song’s infrequent title dropping may be because the song is too overwhelming for even the most casual fans. I can’t end without mentioned how many quintessentially classic Morrissey lyrics are present in this one song: “Love at first sight / It may sound trite / But it's true, you know”; “Women only like me for my mind...”; “You without clothes / Oh, I could not keep a straight face / Me without clothes? / Well, a nation turns its back and gags.”

I agree much more than you..........I don't get tired of hearing this song, reminds me of so many things, personal things, inner feelings, things that happened to me, i'll do to hear it live too. (they suspended the show in Oakland in april and I miss his show in Houston, danm it!) but I will see him!
I really love this pic really goes with the song. What I'll do to find a Morrissey Lover Like Me. THIS MAN WRITES MY LIFE.........